Related Projects and Documentation
The Helm community has produced many extra tools, plugins, and documentation about Helm. We love to hear about these projects. If you have anything you’d like to add to this list, please open an issue or pull request.
Article, Blogs, How-Tos, and Extra Documentation
- Awesome Helm - List of awesome Helm resources
- CI/CD with Kubernetes, Helm & Wercker
- Creating a Helm Plugin in 3 Steps
- Deploying Kubernetes Applications with Helm
- GitLab, Consumer Driven Contracts, Helm and Kubernetes
- Honestbee’s Helm Chart Conventions
- Releasing backward-incompatible changes: Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus Operator, Helm and Traefik
- The Missing CI/CD Kubernetes Component: Helm package manager
- Using Helm to Deploy to Kubernetes
- Writing a Helm Chart
- A basic walk through Kubernetes Helm
- Tillerless Helm v2
Video, Audio, and Podcast
- CI/CD with Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Helm: AKA “The Infamous Croc Hunter Video”.
- Helm with Michelle Noorali and Matthew Butcher: The official Google CloudPlatform Podcast interviews Michelle and Matt about Helm.
- KubeCon2016: Delivering Kubernetes-Native Applications by Michelle Noorali
- App Registry - Plugin to manage charts via the App Registry specification
- Helm Diff - Preview
helm upgradeas a coloured diff
- Helm Value Store - Plugin for working with Helm deployment values
- Technosophos’s Helm Plugins - Plugins for GitHub, Keybase, and GPG
- helm-convert - Plugin to convert charts into Kustomize compatible packages
- helm-cos - Plugin to manage repositories on Tencent Cloud Object Storage
- helm-edit - Plugin for editing release’s values
- helm-env - Plugin to show current environment
- helm-gcs - Plugin to manage repositories on Google Cloud Storage
- helm-github - Plugin to install Helm Charts from Github repositories
- helm-hashtag - Plugin for tracking docker tag hash digests as values
- helm-k8comp - Plugin to create Helm Charts from hiera using k8comp
- helm-last - Plugin to show the latest release
- helm-local - Plugin to run Tiller as a local daemon
- helm-monitor - Plugin to monitor a release and rollback based on Prometheus/ElasticSearch query
- helm-nuke - Plugin to destroy all releases
- helm-secrets - Plugin to manage and store secrets safely
- helm-stop - Plugin for stopping a release pods
- helm-template - Debug/render templates client-side
- helm-tiller - Additional commands to work with Tiller
- helm-unittest - Plugin for unit testing chart locally with YAML
- Tillerless Helm v2 - Helm plugin for using Tiller locally and in CI/CD pipelines
We also encourage GitHub authors to use the helm-plugin tag on their plugin repositories.
Tools layered on top of Helm or Tiller.
- AppsCode Swift - Ajax friendly Helm Tiller Proxy using grpc-gateway
- Armada - Manage prefixed releases throughout various Kubernetes namespaces, and removes completed jobs for complex deployments. Used by the Openstack-Helm team.
- Autohelm - Autohelm is another simple declarative spec for deploying helm charts. Written in python and supports git urls as a source for helm charts.
- ChartMuseum - Helm Chart Repository with support for Amazon S3 and Google Cloud Storage
- Chartify - Generate Helm charts from existing Kubernetes resources.
- Codefresh - Kubernetes native CI/CD and management platform with UI dashboards for managing Helm charts and releases
- Cog - Helm chart to deploy Cog on Kubernetes
- Drone.io Helm Plugin - Run Helm inside of the Drone CI/CD system
- Helm Chart Publisher - HTTP API for publishing Helm Charts in an easy way
- Helm.NET - A .NET client for Tiller’s API
- Helmfile - Helmfile is a declarative spec for deploying helm charts
- Helmsman - Helmsman is a helm-charts-as-code tool which enables installing/upgrading/protecting/moving/deleting releases from version controlled desired state files (described in a simple TOML format).
- Landscaper - “Landscaper takes a set of Helm Chart references with values (a desired state), and realizes this in a Kubernetes cluster.”
- Monocular - Web UI for Helm Chart repositories
- Quay App Registry - Open Kubernetes application registry, including a Helm access client
- Rudder - RESTful (JSON) proxy for Tiller’s API
- Schelm - Render a Helm manifest to a directory
- VIM-Kubernetes - VIM plugin for Kubernetes and Helm
Platforms, distributions, and services that include Helm support.
- Cabin - Mobile App for Managing Kubernetes
- Fabric8 - Integrated development platform for Kubernetes
- Jenkins X - open source automated CI/CD for Kubernetes which uses Helm for promoting applications through environments via GitOps
- Kubernetic - Kubernetes Desktop Client
Grab bag of useful things for Chart authors and Helm users