Related Projects and Documentation
The Helm community has produced many extra tools, plugins, and documentation about Helm. We love to hear about these projects. If you have anything you’d like to add to this list, please open an issue or pull request.
Article, Blogs, How-Tos, and Extra Documentation
- Using Helm to Deploy to Kubernetes
- Honestbee’s Helm Chart Conventions
- Deploying Kubernetes Applications with Helm
- Releasing backward-incompatible changes: Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus Operator, Helm and Traefik
- CI/CD with Kubernetes, Helm & Wercker
- The missing CI/CD Kubernetes component: Helm package manager
- The Workflow “Umbrella” Helm Chart
- GitLab, Consumer Driven Contracts, Helm and Kubernetes
- Writing a Helm Chart
- Creating a Helm Plugin in 3 Steps
Video, Audio, and Podcast
- CI/CD with Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Helm: AKA “The Infamous Croc Hunter Video”.
- KubeCon2016: Delivering Kubernetes-Native Applications by Michelle Noorali
- Helm with Michelle Noorali and Matthew Butcher: The official Google CloudPlatform Podcast interviews Michelle and Matt about Helm.
- helm-tiller - Additional commands to work with Tiller
- Technosophos’s Helm Plugins - Plugins for GitHub, Keybase, and GPG
- helm-template - Debug/render templates client-side
- Helm Value Store - Plugin for working with Helm deployment values
- Helm Diff - Preview
helm upgradeas a coloured diff
- helm-env - Plugin to show current environment
- helm-last - Plugin to show the latest release
- helm-nuke - Plugin to destroy all releases
- App Registry - Plugin to manage charts via the App Registry specification
- helm-secrets - Plugin to manage and store secrets safely
We also encourage GitHub authors to use the helm-plugin tag on their plugin repositories.
Tools layered on top of Helm or Tiller.
- Quay App Registry - Open Kubernetes application registry, including a Helm access client
- Chartify - Generate Helm charts from existing Kubernetes resources.
- VIM-Kubernetes - VIM plugin for Kubernetes and Helm
- Landscaper - “Landscaper takes a set of Helm Chart references with values (a desired state), and realizes this in a Kubernetes cluster.”
- Rudder - RESTful (JSON) proxy for Tiller’s API
- Helmfile - Helmfile is a declarative spec for deploying helm charts
- Schelm - Render a Helm manifest to a directory
- Drone.io Helm Plugin - Run Helm inside of the Drone CI/CD system
- Cog - Helm chart to deploy Cog on Kubernetes
- Monocular - Web UI for Helm Chart repositories
- Helm Chart Publisher - HTTP API for publishing Helm Charts in an easy way
- Armada - Manage prefixed releases throughout various Kubernetes namespaces, and removes completed jobs for complex deployments. Used by the Openstack-Helm team.
Platforms, distributions, and services that include Helm support.
- Kubernetic - Kubernetes Desktop Client
- Cabin - Mobile App for Managing Kubernetes
- Fabric8 - Integrated development platform for Kubernetes
Grab bag of useful things for Chart authors and Helm users